Saturday

Oh, I give up...

Frugal is fun. And I miss "talking" about it. For instance...

I went to the store today because I had intended to buy mini blinds to replace the ones that came apart for the kitchen window. I had seen them there before and determined to get them, but they were out of the size I needed.

So... lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, I thought "What could I use for blinds?" And then I figured a way to fix the curtains so I could just drop them from their tiebacks and lift them back when I wanted to open the windows. The "tiebacks" are two cup hooks, but I am going to replace them with some screws and hot glue some beads that I have onto the heads of them.

I can sew a backing on to the curtains easily with some material I have on hand. Problem solved and I save around $12 dollars.

2 comments:

  1. Frugal can be a lot of fun! It is often a game I play with myself, I ask myself how can I do something for few if any $$?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it can be fun! I do the same thing often, just didn't start out to do it this time. :)

    ReplyDelete