Friday

Snow Storm!

Fall came overnight on September 1 and winter came overnight on October 26.

The view across my front lawn yesterday morning...

I measured 12 inches of wet, heavy snow earlier before it quit snowing, so I don't know exactly how much we got. Reports had it at a little below to a little over one foot. It was enough, however much it was. It was beautiful, too.





Looking the other way... Yep. It looks like a foot of snow!

I had a hard time just walking around it. I didn't have to go anywhere.




Looking out from my front step.



Nope, it's not a monster, even though it could be dressed up for Halloween. It's a 16 foot elm tree. Or it was, anyway.

Ready for winter?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first snowfall. So clean and white. By March or April though..ehhhh. Not so much...
    Winter in my area is supposed to be warmer and drier than usual, so we'll see what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me, too. :) They said we were supposed to have a drier winter, too, so we shall see. This is more snow than we usually get at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete