Thursday

Finishing up the season

I washed dishes, mopped the kitchen, washed and hung out three loads of laundry, caught up on email and started thawing six 3-pint containers of pureed tomatoes to make sauce, since it was a little cool. Then I looked at the weather and it said the temperature could fall to the mid thirties tomorrow night with a spell of cold weather over the next few days. There are tomatoes on the vine, squash and pumpkins and beans yet to pick. Radishes, lettuce and broccoli will be fine, but tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

I should also have quite a bit of meat to process by the weekend... weekend? That's day after tomorrow!

The tomatoes will cook down for sauce and go back in the freezer for another "slow" day. It's a good thing I don't have to cut wood, too!

2 comments:

  1. ah, the busy-ness of fall. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, too! I wasn't complaining, rather glorying in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete