Wednesday

Keeping My Feet on the Ground

Okay, so it's hot out there! Thank heavens for air conditioners. As I was daydreaming in the cool flow of mine, I remembered long ago when I would sit by the fire (in the winter!) and darn socks and mend small things by hand.


It's almost as good for you as gardening, but since it's too hot to sit by the fire and since the garden is begging to be weeded yet again, I'll save the soliloquy for cold weather.

Some of the weeds I missed earlier are growing to monster size. Why is it that weeds can grow undetected until suddenly you realize that's a four foot tall lambsquarter amongst the tomatoes? By that time, the root is half-way to China!

Anyway, I've been weeding in my bare feet and that's a whole 'nother creature. I've read and heard about it before and kind of worried the idea around in my mind, but I wasn't convinced there was anything to it. Then the idea appeared again in a newsletter I subscribe to so I had to look it up. I found some sites that were obvious quackery selling snake oil, but I also found a few sites that seemed to take a scientific approach to it and actually made sense.

If you've not heard of it before, I'll give you my take on it, but do some research yourself before you decide.

The earth is a generator of sorts, with a molten iron core and two magnetic poles. As it turns, electricity is generated. That's an easy enough assumption. It works. The problem comes with us (as usual). We have learned to "control" electricity and electromagnetic waves to enhance our daily environment. That's a fancy way to say we use electricity every day in many ways. Our bodies are made of a large portion of water, which is very conductive for electricity, so our bodies resonate with waves of various frequencies and strengths all day and all night long. These waves are not limited to the electric circuits we have around us. Radios, TVs, computers, wireless networks, microwaves, radio towers, cellphones and cellphone towers, TV towers... any kind of transmitting or receiving system creates waves. They all affect us. They have to; how could they not?

This page explains it much better than I can: Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?

I don't get paid for talking about this and I have nothing invested in it. I do think it's helping me. I have been sleeping better and waking up more rested than I have in a long while.

I know that it sounds strange, but we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice site, Richard! I'm glad you found mine so I could find yours. :)

    ReplyDelete